Today, the need for a healthy lifestyle is more important than ever before. This includes
consuming good food, regular exercise, good habits, and of course, optimum
consumption of water. It is recommended that you drink at least 3 liters of water every
day. However, it’s not just the quantity that matters but also the quality.
Alkaline water is all the rage these days. Many health-conscious people, celebrities, and
sportspersons are opting for it. The reasons are apparent: alkaline water is better than
tap water that you receive. There have been numerous researches to substantiate this
fact. But, what exactly is alkaline water that everyone is talking about? And what
benefits does it have on your body? Read on to know.
1. Improves Digestion: Dehydration can cause a dry colon that leads to bloating and indigestion. Regularly consuming alkaline water reduces dehydration and enhances colon lubrication, thus keeping your gut healthy. This also helps flush out all the toxins and chemicals in your body. A healthy digestive system prevents many other lifestyle diseases and keeps your spirits high.
2. Hydrates Well: Alkaline water has greater hydrogen content than normal water and therefore increases hydration in the body. This is particularly helpful after a heavy workout session. It further facilitates effective lactate utilization and leads to an increase in overall energy in the muscles during and after sports performance.
3. Have Anti-aging Properties: Due to age, our body is unable to produce collagen effectively, and this causes a loss of skin elasticity. Furthermore, free radicals, lifestyle choices, stress, pollution, the sun may cause early aging, wrinkles, and fine lines. Alkaline water reduces acidity in the body and increases blood viscosity. As a result, tiny water molecules penetrate into each cell of the body, thus minimizing the effects of untimely aging and also reversing its effects.
4. Promotes Weight Loss: Alkaline water boosts your metabolic rate and stops your cravings for junk food. This ultimately helps you reach your ideal body weight. Drinking a glass or two alkaline water about 30 minutes before your meals and workout promote weight loss.
5. Prevents cancer: Tumors and cancer cells thrive in an acidic environment.
Alkaline water does an excellent job of maintaining the right pH of the body. It
also fights free radicals effectively and thus is able to keep cancer at bay.
6. Controls high blood pressure:
For those with high cholesterol, diabetes, and blood pressure, alkaline water acts
like a magic. Alkaline water increases blood viscosity. Lower blood viscosity
means minerals are easily absorbed in the body. This increases mineral uptake
in people, even with those with a lower water and food retaining capacity. It
ultimately reduces the chances of stroke and other cardiac problems.
7. Improves Bone Health: Experts claim that alkaline water positively prevents bone resorption because it is
rich in bicarbonates. Bone resorption is the destruction of bone tissues that
promotes bone loss, that is, a decrease in bone mass and bone density. This
helps you get better bone strength and prevents age-related degradation of
bones due to osteoporosis.